Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make a 'better than Chipotle' vegan burrito
Many people believe giving up animal products also means giving up taste and convenience foods. Not so, according to this video from High Carb Hannah. In this clip, Hannah takes on a vegan makeover of the popular chain Chipotle's classic burrito.
According to the website V Between the Lines
, five percent of the U.S. population, or 16 million people, now identify themselves as vegan, consuming not animal products. If you're vegan or thinking of becoming vegan, great tasting food like this easy burrito could sway you. See the video for full details.
"Better than Chipotle" vegan burrito
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
whole-wheat flour tortilla (burrito size)
2 c. cooked brown rice
1/2 c. refried vegetarian pinto beans
1/2 c. roasted corn
vegan cheese sauce
chopped red onion
pico de gallo
1. Mix together beans and rice.
2. Spread bean and rice mixture from the middle of the tortilla to about 1 inch from the sides.
3. Add the remaining ingredients in parallel lines to mix tastes for each bite.
4. Wrap the burrito by folding in the sides and then folding over the back, keeping all ingredients under the first tuck.
5. Use a non-stick pan with a lid to grill both sides of the burrito over medium-high for 3-5 minutes.
Pro tip: Using freshly cooked rice while hot improves the taste of your burrito.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove